Swaddle Grobag – Polka Party – Light (newborn)
Can’t decide whether to Swaddle your baby or go straight to a Grobag? With the new 2in1 Swaddle Grobag you can have the best of both worlds! Unique seams on the front create space for hip healthy natural froggy legged sleeping position while poppers on the armholes allow for swaddling with arms in or arms out for the freedom of a newborn Grobag.
It’s time to join the Polka Party with room for one VIP! The light fabric is ideal for nurseries between 21-25°C and the side zip makes for easy nappy changes without disturbing them.
Our Swaddle Grobag is the first stage to providing your baby with a safer, comfortable, and content night’s sleep.
- Available in Light and Cosy weights
- Light is for cool rooms between 21°C to 25°C
- One size fits newborns 5lbs to 12lbs (approx newborn to 3 months - also available in larger size)
- Includes FREE Nursery Thermometer
- What to wear guide provided on pack
- Chest lined for secure swaddle comfort
- Baby safe YKK zips, Nickel free poppers, and no rough edges or seams
- Machine Washable and can be tumble dried on low heat
- Officially recognised as a hip healthy product by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute
Choosing a weight
The Swaddle Grobag comes in two weights of fabric:
- Cosy is for cool rooms between 16 and 20°C
- Light is for warm rooms between 21 and 25°C
What to wear
What your baby wears will depend on the weight of Swaddle Grobag and the temperature of the baby's bedroom. (In the same way as you would adjust nightclothes and number of blankets). As a guide, please refer to the table below. Please remember, though, that babies are all different and, just as with blankets and sheets, you will soon discover what your baby is most comfortable wearing & placing your fingers on your baby's chest is the best indicator of whether they are too hot/too cold/just right as babies' hands often feel cool.
How to wash
All Swaddle Grobags can be machine washed at 40°C. They can be hung out to dry or tumble dried on a low setting. As with all cotton goods, we have designed our Swaddle Grobags to allow for up to 5% shrinkage. If your child has any allergies and you wish to wash your Swaddle Grobag at 60°C, you should allow for a little more shrinkage. When washing, it is best to keep the zip closed. You can iron your Swaddle Grobag on a low heat if desired, always keeping the iron away from the zip or covering the zip with a cloth. We recommend that you wash dark colours separately for the first few washes. We also recommend that you wash your Swaddle Grobag with a detergent that is free from bleaching agents in order to retain the original colours.
What is the difference between the Swaddle Grobag and the Gro-swaddle?
The Swaddle Grobag is our traditional wrap, a shaped swaddle with exactly the right amount of fabric for a safe swaddle - with no risk of overwrapping.
The Swaddle Grobag is a 2in1 product that combines an easy swaddle with a newborn Grobag.
- There is no risk of overwrapping and the shaped seams allow for natural leg position.
- No technique required - just place baby in and zip them in.
- Poppers mean that baby can be arms in or arms out - whichever they prefer, allowing them to transition to a Grobag when they’re ready.
What does ‘hip healthy’ mean?
‘Hip healthy’ is a term coined by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute. In order for swaddling to allow healthy hip development, the legs should be able to bend up and out at the hips. The Swaddle Grobag has unique curved seams which creates a pocket and allows plenty of space for babies’ legs to be in the natural ‘froggy’ position.
What is the Swaddle Grobag made of?
The Swaddle Grobag is made from supersoft cotton with elastane for stretch.
What tog rating is the Swaddle Grobag?
The Swaddle Grobag is not measured in togs like our baby sleeping bags. The reason for this is that the Swaddle Grobag is a tighter fit than a baby sleeping bag and is designed to be worn in a moses basket, which is a closer environment that affects the measurement in different ways. The usual tog rating is therefore not suitable for this product.
The Swaddle Grobag is available in two weights of fabric:
- Cosy for cool rooms between 16 and 20 degrees C
- Light for warmer rooms between 21-25 degrees C.
What are the poppers on the arms for?
The Swaddle Grobag can be used with baby’s arms either in (with the poppers popped shut) or arms out (with the poppers open).
Arms in allows for a safe swaddle, no wrapping needed. Reassuringly snug on top and hip healthy leg space on the bottom. Keeping baby snugly swaddled means that they won’t wake from the startle reflex.
Arms out means that baby can sleep with their arms up. Some babies prefer not to be restricted when sleeping.
Arms out is also perfect for transitioning a baby into a Grobag - they can sleep with one or two arms out.